Feature Articles: Credit
Learning for Better Living
Credit can help you to get items and services now and
pay for them later. It may let you buy something you
could not otherwise afford. But there is a cost for
That’s why you need to know how credit works.
- Keep a checking or savings account. Don’t bounce checks.
- Live at the same place for one year or more.
- Keep the same job for at least one year.
- Pay all bills when due.
- Get phone service in your name.
- Take out a small loan. Pay it back as agreed.
Credit is available from many sources. Before you decide to use credit, ask yourself:
- Do I really need the item or can it wait?
- How much will it cost me to use credit?
- Is having it now worth the extra cost?
- Can I make the monthly payments?
- Figure out how much you can really afford to repay each month.
Credit is a good thing…if used wisely!
Last update: Tuesday, May 05, 2009