4th of July Dark Chocolate Cupcakes
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray, Nutrition Specialist, University of Missouri Extension
July 1, 2013
Makes 24 cupcakes
- 1 box dark chocolate food cake mix, with pudding in the mix
- 1⅓ cups water
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- Egg substitute to equal 3 eggs
- 8 ounce container of light whipped topping
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Make the cupcakes the day before. Prepare and bake as directed on package using water, yogurt and egg substitute. Cool at least one hour or until completely cooled. Cover and refrigerate.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with whipped topping up to two hours before serving. Arrange 2 strawberry halves on top of each frosted cupcake. Place 3-5 blueberries around the strawberry halves. Keep refrigerated until served.
Recipe source: http://myfinerconsigner.blogspot.com/2010/06/we-love-these-4th-of-july-cupcakes.html; modified by Susan Mills-Gray
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, June 29, 2015