Slow-cooker Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Prepared by: Angela Lanigan,
University of Missouri Extension
January 19, 2014
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup steel oats
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1.5 cups water
- Spray slow-cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in slow-cooker and stir in a 5 to 6 quart slow-cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- If oatmeal is a little dry, stir in a little milk or water before serving.
Nutrition information per ¾ cup serving
Total Fat: 7.7g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Dietary Fiber: 8g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, January 06, 2014