Apple Cinnamon Pancakes
Prepared by: Amy Vance
University of Missouri Extension
October 18, 2015
Yield: 12 pancakes (6 servings of 2 pancakes)
- 1 egg, large
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large Fugi apple (or variety of your choice)
- Add egg, yogurt and half-and-half together into a large bowl. Mix until even consistency.
- To the same bowl add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla. Whisk until well-combined and creamy.
- Peel and core an apple. Using grater or food processor, grate peeled and cored apple into thin shreds. Add shredded apples to the batter and mix together.
- Heat a skillet suitable for pancakes over medium heat. Spray it with oil. Using 1/4 cup measuring cup, drop 1/4 cupfuls of pancake batter into the pan and cook until pancakes turn golden brown underneath and the upper side puffs up and dries around edges.
- Flip the pancakes to the other side and cook them for an additional two or three minutes on the other side.