Apple Monkey Bread Bites
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
October 25, 2015
Yield: 12 servings
- 1/2 cup light butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large can of reduced-fat biscuits
- 1/2 cup apple – cored, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Mix butter and brown sugar in a small bowl, then spoon 1 tablespoon into each muffin cup.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a gallon storage bag.
- Cut the biscuit dough into small pieces.
- Put the biscuit pieces and chopped apple into the cinnamon sugar bag. Shake to coat.
- Place into muffin cups. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown and biscuits are cooked through. Cool for 1 minute; then turn upside down onto a cookie sheet. Best served warm.