Fresh Apple, Pear and Cucumber Salad
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
October 11, 2015
Yield: 8 servings, 1 cup each
- 4 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or minced fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine apples, pears, cucumber and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended.
- Pour over apple mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.