August 15, 2010
4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)
- 1/3 cup apricot jelly
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick), skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine jelly, shallots, horseradish, vinegar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, stirring well with a whisk.
- Sprinkle salmon with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add salmon, and cook 3 minutes. Turn salmon over; brush with half of apricot mixture. Wrap handle of skillet with foil; bake at 350° for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Brush with remaining apple mixture.
Calories: 375 (40% from fat)
Fat: 16.8 g (sat 4.3 g, mono 7.7 g, poly 3.4 g)
Protein: 36.4 g
Carbohydrate: 18.1 g
Fiber: 0.1 g
Cholesterol: 90 mg
Iron: 0.7 mg
Sodium: 376 mg
Calcium: 30 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013