Crispy Baked Asparagus Fries
Prepared by: Kelsey Jeter
University of Missouri Extension
March 27, 2016
Yield: 4 servings
- 1½ pounds asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Dredge the asparagus in the flour, dip in the egg and then into a mixture of the panko, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus in a single layer on a wire rack on a baking sheet and bake in an oven (preheated to 425 F) until golden brown, about 7-13 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving (without dipping sauce):
Saturated Fat: 1.8g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 28, 2016