March 28, 2010
2 servings (serving size: 2 wedges)
- 2/3 cup chopped 33%-less-sodium ham (about 3 ounces)
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded low-fat swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 large eggs
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices asparagus
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine ham, cheese, black pepper, salt, egg whites, and eggs, stirring well with a whisk.
- Heat a 9-inch nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, and asparagus; sauté 3 minutes. Add egg mixture; reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, 3 minutes or until almost set. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Wrap handle of pan with foil; broil 3 minutes or until egg is set.
- Cut into 4 wedges.
Calories: 251 (33% from fat)
Fat: 9.2 g (sat 3.4 g, mono 3.5 g, poly 1.1 g)
Protein: 31.3 g
Carbohydrate: 9.6 g
Fiber: 2 g
Cholesterol: 247 mg
Iron: 2.1 mg
Sodium: 791 mg
Calcium: 373 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, March 26, 2013