BBQ Chicken Dinner in a Foil Pouch
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts
University of Missouri Extension
September 20, 2015
Yield: 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons barbeque sauce
- 4 small boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 2 small unpeeled red potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cups shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place foil sheet, approximately 12x12 inches, on a work surface.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon of the barbeque sauce in the center of the foil. Place one chicken breast half over barbeque sauce and spread another teaspoon of sauce over chicken. Top with a quarter of the potato, bell pepper and onion. Sprinkle with a little of the salt and pepper.
- Fold foil in half to cover contents; make narrow folds along edges to seal.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to assemble three more packets.
- Place the four packets on a baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Open foil packets with scissors and carefully pull back edges as contents may be very hot.
- Sprinkle a quarter of the cheese over the top of each chicken breast and return to oven, unsealed for two minutes or until cheese is melted.
- With a metal spatula, transfer the contents of each packet onto individual serving plates.