Baked Peaches with Ice Cream
July 18, 2010
Need a quick, easy and delicious dessert? Peaches and ice cream are the perfect after dinner treat.
- 3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt
- 6 gingersnaps, crumbled (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Toss peach halves with brown sugar and lemon juice, and place them cut-side-up on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until the peaches are tender, 20 to 30 minutes. If the juice on the pan begins to burn, add a little water and loosely cover the fruit with foil.
- Top each peach half with a 1/2-cup scoop of frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of crumbled gingersnaps (if using). Serve immediately.
0 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono)
2 mg cholesterol
30 g carbohydrates
5 g protein
1 g fiber
64 mg sodium
346 mg potassium
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, March 26, 2013