Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
November 15, 2015
Yield: 16 servings (1 square)
- 1½ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat margarine
- 2 bananas
- 1 (8 oz.) package reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups skim milk
- 1 package (four servings) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 of an 8-oz. tub frozen “lite” whipped topping, thawed
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and reduced-fat margarine with fork or pastry cutter until margarine is cut into crumbs. Wet fingers and press mixture into bottom of baking dish. No baking is required.
- Slice bananas and spread evenly over crumb mixture.
- Beat softened cream cheese until very smooth and gradually add milk, beating until smooth.
- Add pudding mix and beat 1 minute or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Spoon evenly over bananas and spread with rubber scraper. Spread drained crushed pineapple over the pudding layer. Spread whipped topping over pineapple layer with rubber scraper, making sure to spread to edges of baking dish.
- Refrigerate at least one hour, but refrigerating three or more hours is best. Cut into 16 slices and serve chilled.
Nutrition information per serving:
Source: Eat Well Be Well with Diabetes curriculum, University of Missouri Extension
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hhthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, November 17, 2015