Banana Pudding in a Bag
Prepared by: Angie Lanigan,
University of Missouri Extension
August 10, 2014
Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup low-fat granola
- 3 medium bananas
- ½ cup applesauce, unsweetened
- ½ cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- In a large zip-top plastic bag, add granola. Squeeze any air out of bag and seal.
- Lightly crush granola using a can or the bottom of a measuring cup.
- Peel bananas. Use your fingers to break them up in the bag of crushed granola.
- Add applesauce and yogurt to banana mixture in bag. Press out any extra air before sealing bag again.
- Use your finger to squish and mash ingredients together until well blended.
- Chill pudding inside sealed bag in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Total Fat: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 25 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 38 g
Dietary Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 4 g
Source: Cooking Matters for Kids
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, August 14, 2014