Berry Slab Pie
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
May 29, 2016
Yield: Makes 12 servings
- 2 refrigerated pie crusts, softened
- 2 packages (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar or less (depends on sweetness of berries)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6½ cups assorted berries, fresh or frozen, no sugar added, defrosted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a lightly floured surface remove pie crust and stack one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12 rectangle. Fit unto an ungreased cookie sheet pressing into corners. Fold extra crust even with the edges. Crimp edges.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool completely about 30 minutes.
- Mix cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, and milk until smooth. Spread onto crust and let set in fridge for an hour.
- Add remaining sugar to berries and spoon onto cream cheese crust. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 0.6g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, July 03, 2017