Very Berry Sorbet
June 14, 2009
Here is a sorbet recipe just in time for summer. Ice cream
can load on the pounds but sorbet is usually fat free. This
healthy and refreshing treat is the perfect way to cool down
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice with calcium
- 1 tablespoon Splenda or 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place washed berries, juices, Splenda or sugar, and vanilla extract into blender and blend until liquefied.
- Drain mixture into a flat, freezer-safe 9x9 container.
- Cover with plastic wrap, making sure wrap touches entire surface and freeze for a couple hours, or until firm.
Nutritional information if made with sugar
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Calcium: 142% Daily Value (DV)
Vitamin C: 47% DV
Nutritional information if made with Splenda
Carbohydrates: 15 g
The rest of the info is the same as above
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 31, 2009