Black Bean Brownies
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
February 12, 2012
For people with certain food allergies, it can be a challenge to be around all of the Valentine's Day desserts and candies. This brownie recipe is dairy free, nut free and gluten free. Now everyone can enjoy dessert!
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease an 8x8 square baking dish.
- Combine the black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla extract, sugar and instant coffee in a food processor or blender; blend until smooth; pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top of the mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes.
(Amount Per Serving)
Total Fat: 5.3 g
Cholesterol: 40 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, February 23, 2012