Blackberry and Goat Cheese Salad
June 21, 2009
This salad is great for a summer BBQ. These two ingredients -
blackberries and goat cheese - compliment each other and make a
- 2 packages (4 to 5 oz. each) fresh blackberries, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 package (6 oz.) salad greens
- 3 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- chopped avocado or strawberries optional
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
In small skillet, add pecans and sautee until lightly browned. Cool and set aside.
In small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper, and set aside.
In salad bowl, combine salad greens, blackberries, pecans,
avocado and goat cheese. Pour on dressing and toss.
Protein: 2 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fat: 14 g
Fiber: 20% Daily Value (DV)
Sodium: 28 mg
Vitamin A: 32% DV
Vitamin E: 10% DV
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013