Black-eyed Pea, Corn and Rice Salad
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
February 19, 2017
Yield: 6 servings (1½ cups per serving)
- 31 ounces no-salt added black eyed peas
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 15.25-ounce can no-salt-added or low-sodium whole kernel corn
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 4g
Source: American Heart Association
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, February 20, 2017