Blueberry and Toasted Pecan Pancakes
December 13, 2009
For the month of December, all of the recipes will serve as healthy gifts from the kitchen. This pancake mix is packed full of antioxidants and fiber. It is easy to make, easy on the wallet, and easy on the waistline!
2½ cups dry mix (makes 8 servings, 2 pancakes each)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, blueberries, pecans, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- To make pancakes: Whisk 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1½ cups nonfat buttermilk and 2 tablespoons canola oil in a medium bowl. Put Blueberry Pecan Pancake Mix in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the mix; add wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Use about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
Nutrition information (per serving)
Fat: 10 g (1 g sat, 6 g mono)
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Protein: 8 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sodium: 356 mg
Potassium: 109 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, March 27, 2013