Blueberry Tossed Salad
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
May 15, 2016
Yield: Makes 10 servings (1 cup each)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup (4 ounces) low-fat shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sugar or artificial sweetener equivalent
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons ground mustard
- 1½ teaspoons poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, blueberries, cheese, almonds and sunflower kernels.
- In a blender, combine the oil, sugar, onion, vinegar and mustard; cover and process until blended.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 21g
Saturated fat: 4g
Cholesterol: 10 mg
Source: adapted from TasteofHome.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Tuesday, June 21, 2016