Easy Vegetarian Borsch
Prepared by: Amy Vance
University of Missouri Extension
January 17, 2016
Yield: 8 servings (1 cup)
- 1/2 leek sliced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato chopped
- 2 beets chopped
- 2 cups cabbage thinly sliced
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Heat oil in large soup pot. Add in onions and cook until soft and brown.
- Stir in carrots and leeks. Pour in vegetable stock. Add sweet potato and beets cook until soft about 10 minutes.
- Add in cabbage and cook another 10 minutes.
- Serve. Optional fat free Greek yogurt can be added when served.