Bow Tie Pasta with Zucchini Sauce
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
March 12, 2017
Yield: 6 servings (2/3 cups per serving)
- 2 cups whole-wheat bow tie pasta
- Small clove garlic
- 2 medium zucchini (10 ounces by weight, about 2/3 of a pound)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Prepare zucchini sauce while pasta is cooking. Peel and mince garlic. Rinse and grate zucchini (2 cups). In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add zucchini and minced garlic. Cook until mixture softens and zucchini yields some liquid, about five minutes.
- Drain pasta reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Add 1-2 teaspoons liquid to zucchini mixture. Add drained pasta. Stir, coating pasta evenly with sauce. Add more pasta water as needed.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl for serving. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 13, 2017