Breakfast Egg Spread
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
April 30, 2017
Yield: 8 servings (3 tablespoons per serving)
- 6 hardboiled eggs
- 1/4 cup low fat ranch dip
- 2 Tablespoons minced green onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 strips of cooked bacon, chopped
- Chop eggs to a fine texture. Add ranch dip, minced green onion, salt, and pepper. Mix well. (This can also be done in a food processor.)
- Serve on toasted whole wheat mini bagels or baguette slices. Sprinkle cooked, chopped bacon over the top.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 3g
Saturated Fat: 2.5g
Source: adapted from incredibleegg.org/
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 06, 2017