Breakfast in a Muffin Cup
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
April 27, 2014
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1¼ cups chopped fresh or frozen broccoli
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 5 slices of whole wheat bread, cubed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup fat free milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add broccoli, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until broccoli and peppers are soft.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and add the bread cubes and cheese.
- Beat the eggs, milk, and salt and pepper until well blended. Pour this mixture into the bread, vegetable, and cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Spray each muffin cup with cooking spray. Place about ½ cup of egg mixture in each muffin cup.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour or overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned and meat thermometer reads 160 degrees. Cut around the edges with a knife, remove from pan and serve.
Nutrition information per serving (1 muffin cup)
Total Fat: 6.4g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Monday, April 28, 2014