Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
April 10, 2016
Yield: Makes 6 servings (1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups finely chopped broccoli crowns
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add broccoli, water chestnuts, bacon, cranberries and pepper; stir to coat with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, April 11, 2016