Broccoli and Cheddar Rollups
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
March 13, 2016
Yield: 4 servings (2 rollups per serving)
- 6 oz. broccoli crowns, thinly sliced (about 2¼ cups)
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 oz. extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1 package refrigerated ready-to-use pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or non-stick pan spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, parsley, 1 tablespoon oil and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Fold in the cheese.
- Shape the pizza dough into a 14-inch circle, spread with the mustard and cut into 8 triangles.
- Divide the broccoli mixture among the triangles (about 1/3 cup per triangle).
- Starting at the wide end, roll dough around the filling.
- Transfer rollups to the prepared baking sheet, brush with the remaining tablespoon of oil and bake until golden brown, 20 to 22 minutes.
NOTE: Save time and make these ahead. Let the rollups cool, wrap in foil and freeze in a resealable plastic bag up to 1 month. Cook from frozen at 425 degrees F until heated through, 15 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving:
Saturated Fat: 7g
Source: adapted from womensdaykitchen.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, March 17, 2016