Brunch Chicken Salad
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
May 28, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, diced
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, each cut in half
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 small Gala apple, finely diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lime (1 to 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In large bowl, stir together all ingredients until well mixed, adding salt and pepper to taste if desired. Serve on bread of choice or lettuce leaves.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 18g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Source: adapted from Betty Crocker
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, May 03, 2017