Creamy Buffalo Chicken Salad
Prepared by: Susan Mill-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
August 7, 2016
Yield: 6 servings (3/4 cup per serving)
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 cups shredded or chopped cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Combine mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, hot sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in chicken, celery and carrots. Top with blue cheese.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold, about 2 hours. Serve on a bed of greens or with whole grain bread.
Nutrition information per serving (3/4 cup)
Total Fat: 8g
Source: modified from Eating Well
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, August 01, 2016