Buffalo Wing Hummus
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
September 6, 2015
Yield: 2 cups (1/4 cup serving)
- 1 can (15 ounces) or 1½ cups cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Cayenne pepper, to taste, for serving
- Combine all the ingredients except the water and cayenne in a food processor.
- Pulse a few times to combine and then scrape down the sides.
- With the motor running slowly add the water. Continue to run the motor until you reach the desired consistency.
- Add more salt, lemon juice or hot sauce to taste and then sprinkle with cayenne pepper before serving.
- Serve with fresh veggies, whole grain crackers or bread.