Cajun Chicken Fettuccine
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
March 26, 2017
Yield: 8 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 15-oz. jar light Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup light sodium spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, sauté onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add the chicken, Cajun seasoning and garlic; heat through. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain fettuccine; add to chicken mixture. Stir in Alfredo and spaghetti sauces.
- Transfer to a greased 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and bake at 375° for 15 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until golden brown.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 4g
Source: modified from Taste of Home
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 06, 2017