Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
July 2, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (1 foil package)
- 2 slim eggplants, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the eggplant, onion, red pepper, tomatoes, garlic, zucchini and basil. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper well. Stir again.
- Lay out 4 sheets of aluminum foil and spread the vegetable mixture evenly between the four sheets. With a second sheet of heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil, seal the edges tightly. NOTE: If using heavy-duty aluminum foil that is not non-stick, apply spray oil before adding ingredients.
- Grill on high heat for 30 minutes. (If using a charcoal grill, cook a little longer to ensure that all the vegetables are tender.)
- Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and drizzle with balsamic vinegar (optional). Stir well. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 13g (2g saturated)
Source: Modified from http://sarahscucinabella.com
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, July 03, 2017