Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
January 5, 2014
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 large tart apples, cored
- ½ cup non sweetened apple juice
- 8 Tbsp. brown sugar blend
- 12 cinnamon candies
- 4 Tbsp. lite margarine
- 8 caramel candies
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Remove ½ inch wide strip of peel from the top of each apple and place apples in slow- cooker.
- Pour apple juice over apples.
- Fill the center of each apple with 2 Tbsp. brown sugar blend, 3 cinnamon candies, 1 Tbsp. lite margarine and 2 caramel candies. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Cover and cook on LOW 4-6 hours, or until tender.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 2.3g
Dietary Fiber: 5.5g
Source: Fix It and Forget It Cookbook, adapted by Susan Mills-Gray
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, January 06, 2014