Caribbean Chicken Foil Dinner
Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
July 30, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (1 3/4 cups)
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 can (15 oz.) pineapple tidbits in pineapple juice, undrained
- 2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons lime juice
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 Tablespoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450° F. or grill to medium-high.
- Combine rice, red pepper, onions, coconut, pineapple, brown sugar, and lime juice in a bowl.
- Center 1/4 of the mixture on each of 4 sheets of heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil. Rub each piece of chicken with Caribbean jerk seasoning and place on top of rice mixture.
- Bring up the foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Bake 18-22 minutes on a cookie sheet in the oven or grill 16-20 minutes in a covered grill.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 7.5g (1.6g saturated)
Source: Adapted from adapted from Reynolds Kitchens
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, July 14, 2017