Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
December 28, 2014
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 8-oz tubs or bricks of light cream cheese
- 1 8.5-oz can crushed pineapple in natural juice, drained
- ¼ cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- ¾ tsp Spice Islands Beau Monde Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts work well)
- Mix all ingredients except nuts. Chill for 30 minutes for easier handling.
- Form the mixture in to a ball and roll it in the nuts.
- Serve with whole wheat crackers.
Nutrition information per serving (1/16th of cheese ball)
Total Fat: 10g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, December 28, 2014