Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
June 19, 2016
Yield: Makes 4 servings (1 burger per serving)
- 1/4 small bell pepper
- 1/4 small red onion
- 1 pound lean ground chicken, turkey or beef
- 1½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1½ teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Rinse and finely chop bell pepper and onion.
- In a medium bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, ground meat, garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture into 4 pieces. Form pieces into patties about 4 inches across.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add burgers. Cook until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add water to the pan. Cover and cook until the burgers reach 165ºF, about 10 minutes more.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, June 20, 2016