Chicken Fried Rice
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
June 25, 2017
Yield: 8 servings (1 cup per serving)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of chopped green onion
- 1 cup frozen carrots, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 4 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large skillet heat olive oil (about 2 minutes). Add eggs and lightly scramble, remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, add garlic, onions and carrots. Sauté until tender.
- Fold in peas, eggs, rice, chicken, soy sauce and black pepper. Continue to sauté until all ingredients are warm through.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 6g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, May 15, 2017