Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yogurt
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
May 27, 2012
What better way to kick off summer than
with Chocolate Strawberry Frozen Yogurt!
Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups fresh or frozen (not thawed) strawberries
- 2 cups low-fat plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, preferably mini
- Place strawberries, yogurt, sugar and vanilla in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Place contents into your ice cream machine and follow it's
directions to freeze, adding chocolate chips in the last five
Or pour the mixture into a 9-by-13-inch pan and place in the freezer. Stir every few hours, until the mixture is firm along the edges and semi-firm in the center, 2 to 6 hours (using frozen berries will shorten the freezing time). Transfer to a food processor and process until smooth. Transfer to an airtight container, stir in chocolate chips, cover and freeze until ready to serve.
4 g fat (2 g sat, 1 g mono)
4 mg cholesterol
25 g carbohydrates
4 g protein
4 g fiber
45 mg sodium
253 mg potassium
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Friday, February 15, 2013