Chocolate Protein Power Bars
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
June 18, 2017
Yield: 6 servings (one 2" x 2" bar per serving)
- 6 dried figs
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans (or any nut of choice)
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine figs, coconut oil and peanut butter. Process until blended. Add the cranberries, coconut, almond meal, cinnamon and salt, and process until the mixture is well incorporated.
- Add the pecans, chocolate protein powder and water, and pulse until the mixture looks like cookie dough.
- Transfer the dough into an 8" x 8" baking dish and press the mixture down flat with the back of a spoon. Store in the fridge for at least 1 hour to harden. Cut into bars. Store extras in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 21g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, June 19, 2017