Cinnamon Apple Chips
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
August 31, 2014
Yield: Makes 2 servings
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 large apples
- Preheat the oven to 250°. In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Using a serrated knife or mandoline, thinly slice the apples crosswise, discarding the seeds and both ends.
- Arrange in a single layer on parchment-paper-lined baking sheets; sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the apple slices, turning every half hour, until dry, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Remove and transfer to racks to cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
- (A dehydrator could also be used – follow manufacturer’s directions)
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 0.4g
Saturated Fat 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 47.85g
Dietary Fiber 13.4g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Sunday, August 31, 2014