Cocoa Fudge Cookies
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray
University of Missouri Extension
February 21, 2016
Yield: 2 dozen (serving size: 1 cookie)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 7 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, soda, and salt; set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave safe bowl in a microwave for 20 to 30 seconds. Remove butter from microwave; stir in cocoa powder and sugars (mixture will resemble coarse sand).
- Add yogurt and vanilla, stirring to combine.
- Add flour mixture, stirring until moist.
- Drop by level tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray, or use parchment paper to line baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until almost set. Cool on pans 2 to 3 minutes or until firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
Nutrition information per serving:
Saturated Fat: 1.6g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, February 22, 2016