Coconut and Almond Fruit Salad
Jami Nolen, Nutrition Program Associate
April 24, 2011
This is an easy and healthy fruit salad recipe that is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 cups canned pineapple chunk, in juice, drained
- 1½ cups grapes
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup mandarin orange, in juice, drained
- 1 cup chopped peeled kiwi
- 1/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Combine yogurt, honey, and lime rind in a small bowl.
- Combine pineapple and next 5 ingredients (through coconut) in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- Just before serving, stir in banana. Top fruit mixture with yogurt sauce; sprinkle with almonds.
Calories from fat: 22%
Fat: 4.8 g
Saturated fat: 1.8 g
Monounsaturated fat: 1.7 g
Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8 g
Protein: 4.3 g
Carbohydrate: 37.9 g
Fiber: 4.7 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Iron: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 40 mg
Calcium: 111 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, March 27, 2013