Prepared by: Tammy Roberts,
University of Missouri Extension
February 5, 2017
Yield: 8 servings
(1/4 cup per serving)
- 3-4 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium tomato, finely diced
- 1 can corn, drained
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, optional
- Mash the diced avocados in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Serve with baked corn chips or over shredded lettuce as a salad.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 8.6g
Saturated Fat: 2.4g
Source: Fruits and Veggies, More Matters
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, February 16, 2017