Roasted Corn Salsa
August 8, 2010
4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 4 ears corn
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1¼ cups chopped seeded tomato
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare grill or broiler.
- Place corn on grill rack or broiler pan; cook 20 minutes or until corn is lightly browned, turning every 5 minutes. Cool. Cut kernels from ears of corn to measure 3 cups. Place onion on grill rack coated with cooking spray; cook 5 minutes on each side. Cool and chop.
- Combine corn, onion, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; toss well.
Calories: 102 (12% from fat)
Fat: 1.4 g (sat 0.2 g, mono 0.4 g, poly 0.6 g)
Protein: 3.8 g
Carbohydrate: 22.5 g
Fiber: 3.8 g
Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
Iron: 0.9 mg
Sodium: 255 mg
Calcium: 13 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Thursday, August 26, 2010