Creamy Strawberry Mint Pie
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
May 8, 2016
Yield: Makes 10 servings
- 1/2 (18-ounce) package reduced-fat cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies (about 22 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 quart fat-free or low-fat strawberry frozen yogurt
- 1 (16-ounce) package fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Process cookies and butter in a food processor until finely chopped. Firmly press mixture on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 30 minutes).
- Let frozen yogurt stand at room temperature 20 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Process strawberries, powdered sugar, and mint in food processor until strawberries are pureed, stopping to scrape down sides as needed.
- Place frozen yogurt in a large bowl; cut into large (3-inch) pieces. Fold strawberry mixture into yogurt until smooth. Spoon mixture into prepared crust.
- Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 6g
Saturated fat: 2.2g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, May 09, 2016