Creole Salmon Cakes
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
February 15, 2015
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 can pink salmon, drained
- 10 whole grain crackers, crushed
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup panko-style bread crumbs
- 2 Tbsp. spicy brown mustard
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. creole seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion flakes or powder
- 1 8-ounce container of nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- Dash of black pepper
- Flake salmon. Add crackers, diced celery, diced jalapenos, bread crumbs, spicy mustard, and seasonings.
- Form into 4 patties. Place in broiler for 8 minutes per side.
- While these are broiling, mix ingredients for Creole sauce in a bowl.
- Cook patties to preferred crispness and serve with Creole sauce.
Nutrition information per 1/4 cup serving
Total Fat: 8.7g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hhthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Wednesday, February 18, 2015