Healthy Custard Pie
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
April 6, 2014
Yield: Makes 8 slices
- 1½ cups of egg substitute (or 6 eggs)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 unbaked pie crusts (9 inch)
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar.
- Beat in vanilla, salt and nutmeg.
- Stir in milk. Pour into crust.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and filling is set.
Nutrition information per 1/4 cup serving
Total Fat: 13g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to hthttp://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.p>
Last update: Monday, April 07, 2014