Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
September 18, 2016
Yield: 6 servings (1/6 slice)
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1½ cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425. Lightly grease 8-inch pan.
- In a large bowl mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl mix eggs, buttermilk and butter.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until there are no dry spots.
- Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 14.6g
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, September 19, 2016