Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
September 11, 2016
Yield: 20 servings (4 meatballs per serving)
- 1 large egg (or egg substitute equivalent)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Italian bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400. In a medium mixing bowl, beat egg with a fork.
- Add turkey, onion powder, garlic powder salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning. Mix well.
- With damp hands, roll about 1 tablespoon of meat into a ball to make 20 meatballs. Bake in a 9x13 pan for 18-24 minutes.
Nutrition information per serving (4 meatballs)
Total Fat: 6.8g
Source: adapted from cookingmatters.org
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to http://dss.mo.gov/fsd/fstamp/. For more information, call MU Extension's Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, August 01, 2016