Egg English Muffin Pizzas
Prepared by: Susan Mills-Gray,
University of Missouri Extension
April 2, 2017
Yield: 4 servings (2 pizzas per serving)
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, split
- Olive oil
- Fresh tomato slices
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 cup grated skim-milk mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons of oregano leaves
- Pinch of salt
- Toast 8 English-muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet. Drizzle each with olive oil, then layer on tomato slices, hard-cooked egg slices (1/4 egg each pizza), heavy pinch of grated mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano and kosher salt.
- Broil 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.
Nutrition information per serving
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Source: adapted from Real Simple
Funded in part by USDA SNAP.
Running out of money for food? Contact your local food stamp office or go online to https://mydss.mo.gov/food-assistance/food-stamp-program. For more information, call MU Extension’s Show-Me Nutrition line at 1-888-515-0016.
Last update: Monday, March 06, 2017