On the Go Egg Pockets
Prepared by: Amy Vance,
University of Missouri Extension
April 12, 2015
Yield: 1 serving
- 2 tbsp shredded part skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/3 cup veggies of choice
- Whisk egg whites and whole egg in bowl. Chop veggies.
- Use nonstick spray to coat small skillet. Add veggies, sauté on med-hi until slightly tender.
- Pour in eggs, season with salt and pepper if desired, do not stir.
- Cook on medium heat, until mostly cooked, add cheese on one side of the omelet. Carefully flip and fold one side up and over to make a “half moon” shape. Carefully fold the half into another half, making a triangle.
- Pack in wax paper and eat warm.